Sunday, September 10, 2006

Lots of meetings, little time

Wow, haven't had time to watch much int he past few days, lots and lots of meetings and work to do.  Amazing amount of meetings this past week so I apologize for the late posts.

Nightmares and Dreamscapes - The Fifth Quarter - Pretty good episode where a guy gets out of jail and his old cellmate dies from a gunshot wound telling him a story about how he has 1/4 of 3.5 million dollars.  Then Willie goes on a rampage to avenge his friends death, and of course, get all the money.  Pretty cool ending too.

Nightmares and Dreamscapes - Autopsy Room Four - Was this a twighlight zone episode at one time?  I swear I've seen a very very similar story to this, or I read a similar story or something.  A guy is dead but not really dead and gets saved at the end on the autopsy room table.  If anyone knows where I've seen this, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Eureka - Right as Raynes - Wow, robots, AI, Zoe has red hair!  This was a pretty decent episode, not bad at all.  Hopefully it'll continue more and more like this.

'Til Death - Pilot - EW calls this yet another Marriage has problems program from Fox.  Maybe it is, but I laughed a bit at the first episode, I tihnk a lot because I find Brad Garrett funny.  I'll see what's going on with this show over the next few weeks and determine if it has legs or not.

Pimp my Ride - So I watched 3 episodes of Pimp My Ride.  No need to review them seperatly, because they're always the same, but it's a decent .5 hour show with 10 minutes of intro about the car, 10 of what they'll do to the car and 10 of what the person thinks of the car when it's done.  More like 7, 7, and 7 because no commercials and everything, but still.

Mythbusters - Deadly Straw - The guys build a cannon that can shoot straw out at 320 miles an hour to try to send it through a palm tree.  Awesome, even though the myth was busted.  But they did send a piano wire through the tree, through a 1/2" sheet of plywood and embedded it into the concrete behind it.  The other team tried to see if plants had feelings, to some weird results but pretty much proved that they do not.

Real Time with Bill Maher - Penn Jilette is one of the guests and I always find him pretty funny.  Decent show though.

Dane Cook's Vicious Circle - The whole time I was watching Tourgasm, I was hoping for this show, which is just his 1.5 hour standup from start to finish.  Awesomely funny.

And the Eagle Game - Hell Yeah 1-0 to start the season.  McNabb looked pretty good, still throws at peoples feet too much.  I was very impressed by Stallworth he looked really good for only being here two weeks.  The defense looked good, the D-Line looked really good but the secondary needs some work. They got beat bad a few times, that's just not acceptable.  And Dallas losing means my two favorite teams won today.  The Eagles and whoever is playing Dallas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home